.My favorite Food Items - Crispy Aloo CutletsConnect with Sagar on Facebook
Back to Food main page ↺
Scroll to the bottom for video ↓
These are very easy-to-make Crispy Aaloo (Potato) Cutlets that are ubiquitous in India. Potato Lollipops can be easily made using the exact same procedure.
Oil, Cumin, Chopped Onions, Chopped Carrots, Chopped Capsicum, Chopped Green Chilies, Boiled Potatoes, Red Chili Powder, Turmeric Powder, Salt to taste, Asafoetida, Chopped Coriander (Leaves), Rawa.
1. Finely Chop the Vegetable Contents.
2. Add them to heated oil (OPTIONAL).
3. Add mashed potato.
4. Add Salt, Chili Powder, Turmeric Powder, etc. to taste
5. Add Rawa.
6. Mix it well.
7. (If you followed Step 2) Take it out, and let it cool down a bit.
8. Make the desired Cutlet Shapes.
NOTE: It is extremely important to bond them well. Make them tight! Making loose shapes can badly break them while frying.
OBSERVATION: Skipping Step 2 i.e. pre-cooking the Vegetables helps them bond well.
Also, you may dip them and cover them in Rawa, again.
9. Fry them.
NOTE: Shallow-frying them did NOT work for me. They started breaking / sticking. My mother interrupted, and deep fried them, and they came out perfect!
10. Serve with Tomato Ketchup (or any other favorite). You can add Chat Masala as well.
Music: Finding Movement
Musician: Kevin MacLeod